June 9, 2008

Bill Paxton Music Videos

The mail carrier didn't leave any movies in my mailbox today, so I can't report on a feature film starring Bill Paxton. Hopefully Frailty will come tomorrow, but who knows? But what I can write about are all the awesome music videos he's had a role in, directed, and performed (yes!) in.

Sit back and enjoy these wonderful music videos starring our hero, Bill Paxton.

First up is the video for the Barnes & Barnes song "Love Tap". I love this video. I don't love the song so much, but I like to watch Bill Paxton get kicked around, and then, get his revenge in the end. Plus, how can you not love the red suit?



And here's another Barnes & Barnes video that Pax directed called "Fish Heads" in 1980. Totally bizarre, but awesome just the same. And are those leather pants I see, or just tight, tight skinny jeans?



And another Barnes & Barnes video for the song "Soak It Up". This one is kind of odd. No leather pants, but he does wear tight blue jeans, which is OK with me.



Can you spot Bill Paxton in this Pat Benatar video for "Shadows of the Night?" Don't blink! He's there and gone in a flash. In general, this video creeps me out a bit. Who thought of the Nazi theme? What's it got to do with the lyrics of the song? But Bill is in it, so I will let slide.




Here is my favorite video of the lot. It's for the song "How Can The Labouring Man Find Time For Self-Culture?" by Bill Paxton's own rock band Martini Ranch. This is packed with such New Wave Awesomeness I can't hardly stand it. I giggle like crazy and cringe a little bit whenever I watch this, but it's so awesome I can't leave it off my list. Full size to soak up all the late 80s goodness. Enjoy:



And for our dose of Bill in Leather Pants, I give you "Reach", also by Martini Ranch. Directed by James Cameron.



If I missed any videos, please let me know. These are what I could find on the YouTube. They are all awesome in their own right, but mostly because they star Bill Paxton.

2 comments:

jenne said...

fish heads fish heads - eat them up, YUM!

i HEART your summer with The Paxton!!!

My Bill Paxton Summer said...

Thanks, Jenne! I'm glad you like this blog. Keep up the comments!