August 17, 2008

Alien & Aliens - 1979, 1986

I don't have much to say about these films as I wasn't into them. I know, I'm a horrible film junkie, right? I wanted to watch Alien because I thought it would make more sense instead of just watching Aliens. I fell asleep right when the alien sucks the face off that one guy and to be honest, I skimmed through Aliens online this morning because I sent it back to Netflix with Alien in order to get more interesting Paxton films.

In order to keep with the spirit of this blog, here's a hilarious clip of Pvt Hudson from Aliens:

1 comment:

Jonathon Riddle said...

So you know, you don't need to have seen Alien to understand what's going on in Aliens. Any relevant plot points drawn from the first movie into this sequel are explained well enough that a newcomer can get by without confusion.

Also, being a fan of Bill Paxton, you really should give this movie another chance. Pvt. Hudson is a beloved character and one of Paxton's best known. For you, I'd recommend the theatrical version over the director's cut, since it's shorter.

Happy viewing!